In a star-studded presentation yesterday, Canon unveiled the C300 — its first-generation digital cinema camera. You can read the play-by-play action and see loads of pix from the Hollywood event here on Engadget.
Rather than bolt the motion features onto a still platform, Canon has launched a new era for digital moviemakers with the Cinema EOS system. Happily, I can say that the C300 provides the modular functionality that I lusted after in this February, 2010 article on PixSylated.
There is loads of information out there from folks who have actually used the C300. So rather than describe from afar, I’ll point you to several sources of information on Cinema EOS and the C300. No doubt, this is an exciting time to call oneself a Canonista.
Hands-on Video via Engadget
Vincent Laforet blogs about the C300 and the making of his short “Mobius”, including BTS video
Canon Cinema EOS System Explained, via Canon-Europe
More About Cinema EOS, via Canon-Europe
Redrock Micro ultraCage Designed Specifically for C300
Other New Canon Cinema Cameras On The Way, via Engadget
Follow Syl On Twitter
- It’s been a long time coming…the completely updated ‘Speedliter’s Handbook’ is finally shipping! Details > http://t.co/kVy76QM4GW, Aug 19
- New toys for DIY #togs: Plans for the Focal Camera is now open source and online! http://t.co/eAzBFsrHgA, Aug 18
- Check out these great pix! Nat. Geo. Traveler Photo Contest winners > http://t.co/VfV8VDk8LY, Aug 13
- Sound advise on training a photo assistant > https://t.co/NugMx8Teiz, Aug 10
- GIVEAWAY EXPIRES IN A FEW HOURS! Win a set of the world’s BEST iPhone lenses (@Moment) http://t.co/jlLgrXlbQr via @davidmolnar, Aug 10
Cruise PixSylated By Topic