In a star-studded presentation yesterday, Canon unveiled the C300 — its first-generation digital cinema camera. You can read the play-by-play action and see loads of pix from the Hollywood event here on Engadget.
Rather than bolt the motion features onto a still platform, Canon has launched a new era for digital moviemakers with the Cinema EOS system. Happily, I can say that the C300 provides the modular functionality that I lusted after in this February, 2010 article on PixSylated.
There is loads of information out there from folks who have actually used the C300. So rather than describe from afar, I’ll point you to several sources of information on Cinema EOS and the C300. No doubt, this is an exciting time to call oneself a Canonista.
Hands-on Video via Engadget
Vincent Laforet blogs about the C300 and the making of his short “Mobius”, including BTS video
Canon Cinema EOS System Explained, via Canon-Europe
More About Cinema EOS, via Canon-Europe
Redrock Micro ultraCage Designed Specifically for C300
Other New Canon Cinema Cameras On The Way, via Engadget
Follow Syl On Twitter
- Just discovered http://t.co/ABL57DGbQN a great site. Follow @HandmadePhotog, Sep 14
- Provocative article on the future of the DSLR form-factor by @EOSHD > http://t.co/CWEX5kEOxX, Sep 4
- $99 deal/steal on the Impact 24” Quickbox kit. A great soft box for Speedliters > http://t.co/3dcWggXMQ7, Sep 4
- Great explanation of how fill-flash works w/ different exposure modes > http://t.co/RECeLJSzT0 via @p4pictures, Sep 2
- Just want to say THANKS @Dropbox for increasing the size of my Pro account 10x without charging more. 2TB cloud storage makes life easier!, Sep 2
Syl on Instagram
Cruise PixSylated By Topic