After 14 months on the project, I have finally crossed the finish line. The new Speedliter’s Handbook is heading to press and will start shipping in early August.
We’ve made five laps around the sun since I wrote the original Speedliter’s Handbook. In those five years, much has changed about the […]
I remain humbled by the success of my Speedliter’s Handbook. Recently, the Handbook passed 400 reader reviews on Amazon. That is a stratospheric number for a photography book. Heartfelt thanks go out to every reader who took the time to share their thoughts on the book. When the book was launched four years ago, […]
In an industry filled with hype and BS, Zack Arias rips down the velvet curtain and talks honesty about being a professional imagemaker in his outstanding Photography Q&A. If you hope to earn a paycheck with your camera, Photography Q&A is a must read.
I was hooked […]
My latest project is a 24-page booklet on creating off-camera light with Canon Speedlites. The Quick Start is a mini field guide (5.5″ x 8.5″) that covers the fundamentals of creating great light with Speedlites. While oriented towards those just starting with off-camera flash, it contains loads of tips for shooters at all […]
Lighting for Digital Photography, my new book, started shipping last week. As with any creative who watches his work go out into the world for public comment, the early part of the week was a nail-biting time for me. Then the first reader review came in on Amazon, […]
It’s not every day that Sir Richard Branson shows up on your doorstep in a space suit. But today was the day. I’ve waited months for the arrival of Secrets of Great Portrait Photography and the wait was worth it.
In 250 pages, Miami celebrity photographer, Brian Smith shares […]
My latest book, Lighting for Digital Photography, will start shipping in a matter of weeks is now available. With an average street price of $14.00, I think that it is a great value for 260+ pages of yours truly.
December is a great time to check out photo books. Not only do they make great gifts, but the short days of winter keep many of us indoors, in comfy chairs, thinking about shoots to come. 2011 has delivered a load of great books on photography. Yesterday, I covered Joe McNally’s Sketching Light (reviewed
Follow Syl On Twitter
- Every reader review helps. If you’ve read the new Speedliter’s Handbook, please add your thoughts on Amazon > http://t.co/4k68GXKRkV, Sep 1
- Listen! So much fun to be on @ThisWeekinPhoto #427 w/ @frederickvan & @CherylMDorskind > http://t.co/hkZ4d9LyoX, Sep 1
- It’s been a long time coming…the completely updated ‘Speedliter’s Handbook’ is finally shipping! Details > http://t.co/kVy76QM4GW, Aug 19
- New toys for DIY #togs: Plans for the Focal Camera is now open source and online! http://t.co/eAzBFsrHgA, Aug 18
- Check out these great pix! Nat. Geo. Traveler Photo Contest winners > http://t.co/VfV8VDk8LY, Aug 13
Cruise PixSylated By Topic