A guest blog for PixSylated by Peter Read Miller, Canon Explorer of Light
Last summer, while on assignment for Sports Illustrated at the London Olympics, I was one of the lucky handful of photographers who were given a pre-production […]
B&H is offering special discounts on several of the most popular Canon L-series lenses. Most of these deals will expire at the end of the week. Click through on the links below for details.
16-35mm f/2.8L II $1,399 (normally $1,699)
Here are five Cyber Monday deals (and 1 everyday deal) that I think are too good not to share. Don’t dawdle. Most of these deals are good today only.
Bolt CBP-C1 Compact Battery Pack – $54.95 (SAVE $20.00) These are the […]
Here is the first of two videos that we shot this week while I was evaluating Canon’s new 600EX-RT Speedlite and the ST-E3-RT Speedlite Transmitter. Go with me on location for a series of quick shoots where I put the new gear to the test indoors and outside. Later, in Part Two, I’ll take you […]
A new generation of Canon pro cameras was announced today. In short, it’s a turbo-charged (dual Digic 5), full-sensor, 1D body. Shipping will start in late March, 2012. Street price will be about $6,800. I’ll pre-order one as soon as I have the opportunity.
I’ve avoided the 1D […]
I realize that one post on Facebook does not necessarily represent the official view of an entire multi-national corporation. I also realize that marketing people have kids to feed and bills to pay, just like I do. Still, I can’t let this pass without comment.
Make no mistake. The brand of gear you use has […]
Over the years, I’ve rented a lot of gear from many different sources. Now, my go-to rental house is BorrowLenses.com. They rent a wide range of Canon cameras, lenses, and Speedlites at great prices. They also rent gear from Nikon, Leica, Sony, and […]
I’ve just been stunned and inspired by the virtuosity of Jake Simabukuro. So much so that I have to share this blast of inspiration with you. Jake is not a photographer — at least not that I know of. Rather, he is a ukelele player.
That’s right, Jake plays the most humble and, I […]
I’ll wager that the part about off-camera flash that photographers hate the most is the connection between the Speedlite and the lightstand. Yes, I’m talking about you, Mr. Coldshoe. Either you’re made of metal (which can short out the pins on the bottom of my flash) […]
Follow Syl On Twitter
- Please sign the petition to save Fujifilm FP-100C > https://t.co/Sa6jvf6FYC Fuji needs to know that instant pack film is still important., Mar 31
- As a stroke survivor, I’m glad to be alive…literally > https://t.co/Z1lL89vGx6. Thanks to all who prayed and sent words of support. I'm well, Mar 30
- NYC Speedliters: this Thurs. 10:00a @BH_Event_Space “New Frontiers For Lighting W/ Canon Speedlites” Free reg. https://t.co/btvJkXvuC2, Oct 20
- TWiP 434: Photography, Evolved. http://t.co/opzdg56Rfm http://t.co/1i7XmiqeEX, Oct 18
- It's official. #Canon's new radio Speedlite, the 430EX III-RT, is now out in the wild. Just arrived. http://t.co/kbCpdNDyPk, Oct 10
Cruise PixSylated By Topic