I have a new best friend…at least as far as Speedlite modifiers go. The gang at F.J. Westcott Co. sent out a couple of their recently-announced Apollo softboxes for my Advanced Speedliting workshop. I immediately took to the Apollo Orb (as did everyone in the workshop).
In case you’re […]
I’ve said before, “it’s not how many Speedlites you have, it’s where you put the ONE Speedlite you have that matters.” Right after light position, it is the size of the source that determines the character of the light. How do you make a Speedlite seem […]
To create dramatic light with Speedlites, you need to think about two things: where you put your flash(es) and how you control the ambient light. If you move your Speedlite to the side, then you’ll be creating shadows for the camera. Think of shadows as being the way […]
When in Auto mode, the ZOOM function on your Speedlite was intended to make flash photography simple for people who don’t know what they are doing. When paired with a compatible lens, your Speedlite will reposition the flashtube so that the its angle of coverage is matched to […]
It’s not how many Speedlites you have, it’s where you put the one you have that matters. One Speedlite in the right place is far better than several in poor locations.
The Dutch painter Rembrandt (1606-1669) was celebrated for the dramatic merger of beautiful skin tones into deep shadow. His influence continues today as many […]
Follow Syl On Twitter
- Researching Antiquarian Photo Books on https://t.co/tbars5lazj https://t.co/ogKSbJB1f8 https://t.co/bZSSZzi75D, Jun 17
- Sticking Our Necks Out To Do The Right Thing https://t.co/GSmBvZF2NB https://t.co/Wo7Zv9H7oB, May 30
- Summer Flash Photography Workshop in Montana https://t.co/XJS2BOtTXV https://t.co/kg1KFCXPQ5, Apr 27
- Recent Works: Fall 2016 https://t.co/ajz7T1i0ba https://t.co/1G9w3pi8Vt, Nov 23
- ‘Color Ribbon 9775’ To Be Shown In NYC At The Aperture Foundation Summer Open 2016 https://t.co/qsZUqL7h2t https://t.co/lDWsCkzQIq, Jun 3
Cruise PixSylated By Topic