Mastering the Speedlite 600EX-RT System with Syl Arena
Presented by: Syl Arena
Program: Professional Development Seminars & Workshops
Date: December 19, 2012
Time: 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Fee: Free of charge. Advance registration required
Location: Canon Hollywood Professional Technology & Support Center
6060 Sunset Blvd
Hollywood, California 90028
Last spring, Canon revolutionized the world of small flash. The 600EX-RT Speedlite and ST-E3-RT Speedlite Transmitter are the first flash system with two-way radio-capabilities built into the gear. Not only does this new communication standard eliminate the need for a line-of-sight path between master and slave, it enables the slave(s) to send messages back to the master. As importantly, the new Speedlite system features an interactive menu system and the addition of Personal Functions for customized control.
Immediately after Canon’s announcement, Syl Arena was the first photographer in the world to blog a hands-on video evaluation of the 600EX-RT and ST-E3-RT. Over the past eight months he has continued to put the new gear to the test in a wide range of conditions. In this fast-paced presentation, Syl will share his insights and tips about how to push out the boundaries of flash photography with the new Canon Speedlite system.
- Considerations for upgrading to the new 600EX-RT
- Navigating the new interactive menu system
- What even a single 600EX-RT can do for you
- Best uses for radio-based Speedliting
- Optimizing the new Group Mode: individual control of up to 5 groups
- Exploring the new Quick View on-camera flash menu system
- Improved AF-Assist Beam: what it means for the new generation of cameras
- Using the 600EX-RT for Remote Release and for Linked Shooting
- Canon’s new color filter (gel) system
- Integrating the 600EX-RT with other Canon Speedlites
- Integrating the 600EX-RT with studio flash
- Setting Custom and Personal Functions
This is a hands-on, buttons-and-dials workshop. You are encouraged to bring your Canon DSLR and 600EX-RT Speedlite so that you can follow along with the how-to demonstrations.
This is a Canon Live Learning Event Learn more about Canon Live Learning
You can read the original posting here on the Canon Live Learning site.
Follow Syl On Twitter
- Today’s Google Doodle honors Kandinsky, the father of abstract painting > https://t.co/tFIktxXcxs His work continues to resonate today., Dec 16
- Thanks for the follow @CanonUSApro I’m currently deep into adding all things 600EX-RT to the new edition of Speedliter’s Handbook!, Dec 14
- Speedliters - What are your experiences w/ Cactus Transceivers V5 and/or V6 with Canon flash? Thx., Dec 9
- Want a time-lapse trigger that you’ll always have in your camera bag? Check out #picotimelapse > https://t.co/XYhrZbTRKe, Dec 4
- ‘Speedliter’s Handbook’ Tops 400 Reader Reviews On Amazon! New Edition Coming Next Spring. http://t.co/Ei35REXGbW, Dec 4
Syl on Instagram
3 hours ago
Sweet mandarin orange.
2 days ago
Lost on a Saturday morning in downtown #Bakersfield, we come upon the venerable Fox Theater. Worth a second trip around the block.
3 weeks ago
Sorting out the details of Canon's Linked Shot functionality for new Speedliter's Handbook. I currently have 6 models of EOS cameras on my desk. Well...somebody has to figure it out.
4 weeks ago
A bird in the pot...our Thanksgiving turkey coming out of the brine.
3 months ago
Just used the proceeds of a recent paycheck on a new piece of art.
4 months ago
Goldfish on their way to becoming enlightened.
4 months ago
Golden hour crashing into blue hour at 34,000'. A pleasant treat near the end of a long day in the air.
5 months ago
Glen Canyon Bridge spans the Colorado River at Lake Powell.
5 months ago
I so love the enormity of the northern Arizona sky during monsoon season.
5 months ago
Golden hour through an alstroemeria.
Cruise PixSylated By Topic