Mastering the Speedlite 600EX-RT System with Syl Arena
Presented by: Syl Arena
Program: Professional Development Seminars & Workshops
Date: December 19, 2012
Time: 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Fee: Free of charge. Advance registration required
Location: Canon Hollywood Professional Technology & Support Center
6060 Sunset Blvd
Hollywood, California 90028
Last spring, Canon revolutionized the world of small flash. The 600EX-RT Speedlite and ST-E3-RT Speedlite Transmitter are the first flash system with two-way radio-capabilities built into the gear. Not only does this new communication standard eliminate the need for a line-of-sight path between master and slave, it enables the slave(s) to send messages back to the master. As importantly, the new Speedlite system features an interactive menu system and the addition of Personal Functions for customized control.
Immediately after Canon’s announcement, Syl Arena was the first photographer in the world to blog a hands-on video evaluation of the 600EX-RT and ST-E3-RT. Over the past eight months he has continued to put the new gear to the test in a wide range of conditions. In this fast-paced presentation, Syl will share his insights and tips about how to push out the boundaries of flash photography with the new Canon Speedlite system.
- Considerations for upgrading to the new 600EX-RT
- Navigating the new interactive menu system
- What even a single 600EX-RT can do for you
- Best uses for radio-based Speedliting
- Optimizing the new Group Mode: individual control of up to 5 groups
- Exploring the new Quick View on-camera flash menu system
- Improved AF-Assist Beam: what it means for the new generation of cameras
- Using the 600EX-RT for Remote Release and for Linked Shooting
- Canon’s new color filter (gel) system
- Integrating the 600EX-RT with other Canon Speedlites
- Integrating the 600EX-RT with studio flash
- Setting Custom and Personal Functions
This is a hands-on, buttons-and-dials workshop. You are encouraged to bring your Canon DSLR and 600EX-RT Speedlite so that you can follow along with the how-to demonstrations.
This is a Canon Live Learning Event Learn more about Canon Live Learning
You can read the original posting here on the Canon Live Learning site.
Follow Syl On Twitter
- My 'Crafting Dramatic Light' workshop on location @SFWorkshops #Impact Hexi 24 soft box http://t.co/ZWFOiPA279, Jul 22
- Great read. “What Pro #Togs Wish They Knew When Starting Out” via @Phoblographer > http://t.co/FO3idyY6wO, Jul 21
- It's done—the new 'Speedliter's Handbook! Take a look > http://t.co/2moc8if3Pe, Jun 21
- Finally Finished! Meet The New ‘Speedliter’s Handbook’ http://t.co/2moc8iwEGM http://t.co/tUPwZPTGfO, Jun 21
- Brian lights up Shanta on location with a Westcott Rapid Box 26" Octa at #RMSP flash photo workshop. https://t.co/ks44KeUcin, Jun 11
Cruise PixSylated By Topic