Getting The Most Out Of Canon Speedlites, the third in my series of presentations in the Event Space at B&H Photo’s NYC superstore, is now on YouTube. In this video, I talk about how and when to use a single Speedlite on- and off-camera. For tips on shooting wireless, check out my December talk at B&H, Multi-Flash Speedliting (here on YouTube) .
In the presentation, I talk about:
- How To Set The Power in ETTL and Manual
- Speedlite Settings: Sync, Zoom, Pan, & Tilt
- Hard and Soft: Shaping Light To Match Your Vision
- My Favorite Modifiers For Speedlites
For a more detailed look at how I shoot with flash, including footage from a number of studio and location shoots, check out my two online courses at Kelby Training: Working With Speedlites: One Flash and Working With Speedlites: Multi-Flash.
Follow Syl On Twitter
- Great explanation of how fill-flash works w/ different exposure modes > http://t.co/RECeLJSzT0 via @p4pictures, 23 hours ago
- Just want to say THANKS @Dropbox for increasing the size of my Pro account 10x without charging more. 2TB cloud storage makes life easier!, 23 hours ago
- Two-day dance photography workshop by the amazing @davidcooperphot > http://t.co/KMfVjSknqT, Sep 1
- Golden hour crashing into blue hour at 34,000'. A pleasant treat near the end of a long day in the air. http://t.co/rDiirnhyK1, Aug 24
- Just landed at CLT. Also landed in PHX & DEN today. Definitely taking the long way round from SBP to BOS. 1 more hop! http://t.co/UeCSlQJXSp, Aug 23
Syl on Instagram
Cruise PixSylated By Topic