Canon USA recently launched their QuickGuide series. They are free, downloadable, how-to brochures that you can print, fold, and carry in your gear bag. Click on the pic below and you can take a peek at the front page of the QuickGuide for the 580EX II Speedlite.
At present, there are 15 QuickGuides that cover a wide range of how-to topics — for both photography and HDSLR video. Each is provided as a two-page PDF designed to be printed on standard letter paper (USA) and then folded into a brochure. To see the complete list of titles, click here.
Here are a few QuickGuides that will be of interest to Speedliters:
Also check out this article written by my friend and personal Canon tech guru, Rudy Winston, that explains the External Automatic Flash Exposure Sensor on the 580EX II.
Follow Syl On Twitter
- It's done—the new 'Speedliter's Handbook! Take a look > http://t.co/2moc8if3Pe, Jun 21
- Finally Finished! Meet The New ‘Speedliter’s Handbook’ http://t.co/2moc8iwEGM http://t.co/tUPwZPTGfO, Jun 21
- Brian lights up Shanta on location with a Westcott Rapid Box 26" Octa at #RMSP flash photo workshop. https://t.co/ks44KeUcin, Jun 11
- One way to beat the heat while Speedliting on location with #RMSP in Montana. http://t.co/WUgnaDVKi7, Jun 10
- Jules lights Katie up with the Impact Collapsible 28" beauty disk. On location with #RMSP flash… https://t.co/t4pFedbeNs, Jun 10
Cruise PixSylated By Topic