Last week was a great week for image-centric blogs. Here is a random run-through of several of my favorite posts from the blogs I read.
For all the football junkies who want another fix…Chris Gampat at The Phoblographer interviewed Peter Read Miller. Peter is a legendary Sport’s Illustrated shooter and a great teacher. His Sports Photography & Lighting workshop will be next held in Denver, April 8–14. Get those details here.
Catch Magazine Issue #27 is online (here). Catch is a journal of fly fishing photography and film. Even if you don’t fish, I think you’ll find the photos to be stunning.
World Press Photo announced the winners of its 2013 Multimedia Contest. Click here to see these amazing projects.
HurlBlog—Big Winners: The Small HD Story Shane Hurlbut & co. shared this inspiring story about the creativity, passion, and perseverance behind the creation and growth of the Small HD company. (Yes, these are the guys who won the Doritos Super Bowl ad contest…twice.)
Joey L shared behind-the-scenes insights about the creation of his portrait series for National Geographic’s show Killing Lincoln. Read Killing Lincoln—Test Subjects vs. Real Subjects here.
PhotoShelter shared the results of their survey in which 5,000+ photographers talked about their business outlooks and strategies for 2013. Get the free Photographer’s Outlook on 2013 here.
Chris Orwig will talk about Creating Compelling Photographs in two webinars tomorrow (Tuesday, February 5, 1p & 3p EST). You can register to watch for free here.
The New York Times Portfolio Review — The NY Times Lens Blog is sponsoring free portfolio reviews in April. The deadline for applications is February 13. Read all the details here.
- I feel like I’m back in high school…burning the midnight oil working on a yearbook! So 1979., Mar 4
- Understanding Sensor Crop Factors, courtesy of @RED_Cinema > http://t.co/nWOKGzjZN6, Feb 25
- Video webinar: Mastering Lightroom Organization w/ @peterkrogh Courtesy of @photoshelter > http://t.co/rN9Xhd0PPw, Feb 25
- Insights on the creation of ’Signal' @JohnStanmeyer image honored as 2013 @WorldPressPhoto winner> http://t.co/a2kxnxfBHq, Feb 24
- Inspired by Freddie, it's a Mountain 'o Ribs for our House of Cards marathon. On to Chapter18! http://t.co/jBajN3NqY3, Feb 23
Cruise PixSylated By Topic