I’ve taken the past six months off from social media—no Tweeting, blogging, etc. (although I did occasionally post a noteworthy #Crocs&sox photo on Instagram). There is so much noise on the web (the electoral noise may be over, but the consumerist noise will continue to rise). I’m thinking about how not to contribute to the din of it all.
I recently celebrated the one-year anniversary of my brain aneurysm. Of course, it’s not the aneurysm that I celebrated, but my 1-in-10 survival. Today is the day that I came home from Cottage Hospital in Santa Barbara, still in need of tremendous healing, but able to join my family around the Thanksgiving table. A year later, I’m doing fine. There seem to be no long term disabilities.
Understandably, I think a lot about the spaces in my mind. The following are several self-metaphorical photographs that I created in my studio this fall. They are part of the work that I’ve been doing for my MFA (which I’ll write about soon). Contrary to the suspicion that everything is digitally manipulated these days, they are straight photographs created with a 4×5 camera and a vintage BetterLight scanning back. They represent where I’ve headed with my trichroic lighting since I first wrote about it here.
Follow Syl On Twitter
- Recent Works: Fall 2016 https://t.co/ajz7T1i0ba https://t.co/1G9w3pi8Vt, Nov 23
- ‘Color Ribbon 9775’ To Be Shown In NYC At The Aperture Foundation Summer Open 2016 https://t.co/qsZUqL7h2t https://t.co/lDWsCkzQIq, Jun 3
- Canon Updates Its Flagship Speedlite: What's Different About the 600EX II-RT https://t.co/XixKliLJ9R https://t.co/p0idqK07uO, May 31
- Google’s Gigapixel Art Camera https://t.co/3hYhRWc9JK https://t.co/X16trcVnSK, May 19
- Please sign the petition to save Fujifilm FP-100C > https://t.co/Sa6jvf6FYC Fuji needs to know that instant pack film is still important., Mar 31
Cruise PixSylated By Topic