In my guest blog on Tiffinbox, I respond to seven excuses for not using flash.
• “I’m a purist and only use available light.”
• “I don’t need flash because I can always turn the ISO up.”
• “I always shoot in bright light, so I don’t need flash.”
• “Flash limits the shutter speeds that I can use. A sync speed of 1/250″ is too slow.”
• “Flash is unreliable. It changes from frame to frame”
• “Flash always looks bad.”
• “Flash looks artificial.”
Another reason to visit Tiffinbox is that you could win a seat for any of my upcoming 2-day Speedliter Intensives in Seattle, Boston, Austin, or San Francisco. The details on entering the contest are at the end of the article.
- I feel like I’m back in high school…burning the midnight oil working on a yearbook! So 1979., Mar 4
- Understanding Sensor Crop Factors, courtesy of @RED_Cinema > http://t.co/nWOKGzjZN6, Feb 25
- Video webinar: Mastering Lightroom Organization w/ @peterkrogh Courtesy of @photoshelter > http://t.co/rN9Xhd0PPw, Feb 25
- Insights on the creation of ’Signal' @JohnStanmeyer image honored as 2013 @WorldPressPhoto winner> http://t.co/a2kxnxfBHq, Feb 24
- Inspired by Freddie, it's a Mountain 'o Ribs for our House of Cards marathon. On to Chapter18! http://t.co/jBajN3NqY3, Feb 23
Cruise PixSylated By Topic