My first online video course, Working with Speedlites: One Flash Photography, just launched on KelbyTraining.com. It’s been months in the making. I want to give a huge shout of thanks to every Canonista who asked the gang at KT to produce Canon-specific training.
The course has 13 segments and runs nearly two hours. It covers a wide range of concepts, techniques, and gear that you can use to make great images with a single Speedlite. The media player on KT’s site remembers what you’ve watched–so you can come and go as you please. You can also watch individual segments as many times as you desire.
As for the topics that I covered:
- Basic Gear for Speedliting
- Camera Settings and Shutter Speeds
- Know Your Speedlite
- Buttons and Functions
- Know Your Modes
- Color Temperature
- Going Off-Camera
- ETTL Flash Mode
- Manual FLash Mode
- First- and Second-Curtain Sync
- Slow-Speed Sync
- High-Speed Sync Fill-Flash
Click here to read the details about the contents of each segment.
If you’ve not checked out Kelby Training, you should. The site offers on-demand training videos on a wide range of photo topics (click here for a list). You can subscribe by the month or by the year. You can even try it for free (click here).
Working With Speedlites is the first of two courses that I did with Kelby Training. The second course–which focuses on multi-lite techniques–will launch on October 27.
- I feel like I’m back in high school…burning the midnight oil working on a yearbook! So 1979., Mar 4
- Understanding Sensor Crop Factors, courtesy of @RED_Cinema > http://t.co/nWOKGzjZN6, Feb 25
- Video webinar: Mastering Lightroom Organization w/ @peterkrogh Courtesy of @photoshelter > http://t.co/rN9Xhd0PPw, Feb 25
- Insights on the creation of ’Signal' @JohnStanmeyer image honored as 2013 @WorldPressPhoto winner> http://t.co/a2kxnxfBHq, Feb 24
- Inspired by Freddie, it's a Mountain 'o Ribs for our House of Cards marathon. On to Chapter18! http://t.co/jBajN3NqY3, Feb 23
Cruise PixSylated By Topic