My second online video course, Working with Speedlites: Multiple Flash Photography, just launched on KelbyTraining.com. Like the first course (on one-flash photography), this course was months in the making. Again, I want to give a huge shout of thanks to every Canonista who asked the gang at KT to produce Canon-specific training.
The course has 13 segments and runs 97 minutes. It covers a wide range of concepts, techniques, and gear that you can use to make great images with two or more Speedlites. I demonstrate how to set up the master Speedlite and one or more slaves. I take the mystery out of the Canon ratios and shoot multiple Speedlites in a variety of ways.
As for the topics that I covered:
- Introduction: The Importance of Shadows
- Manual Flash and Gear
- ETTL Flash and Gear
- One-Light Portraits
- More Soft Light Techniques
- Triggering A One-Light Outdoor Portrait
- Setting the Master Speedlite
- Setting the Slave Speedlite(s)
- Putting It All Together
- Creating Beauty Light
- Making a Key and Accent Light Set-Up
- How to Photograph a Group
- After Dark
Click here to read the details about the contents of each segment.
If you’ve not checked out Kelby Training, you should. The site offers on-demand training videos on a wide range of photo topics (click here for a list). You can subscribe by the month or by the year. You can even try it for free (click here).
The media player on KT’s site remembers what you’ve watched–so you can come and go as you please. You can also watch individual segments as many times as you desire.
Follow Syl On Twitter
- Top Tools To Organize Your Photo Gear > http://t.co/f4J4D8LLQY via @briansmithphoto, Mar 17
- Hey NYC! Looking forward to meeting a tribe of Canonistas @BH_Event_Space, 1p today > http://t.co/6BaCROzhwS, Mar 15
- Free registration for my Sun, Mar 15 talk @BH_Event_Space Crafting Great Light W/ Canon Speedlites http://t.co/6BaCROQSoq, Mar 11
- Free registration for my Sun, Mar 15 talk @BH_Event_Space > http://t.co/6BaCROQSoq Crafting Great Light W/ Canon Speedlites, Mar 9
- What It’s Like To See In 100 Million Colors > http://t.co/W5BI7UTqXQ, Feb 28
Cruise PixSylated By Topic