My second online video course, Working with Speedlites: Multiple Flash Photography, just launched on KelbyTraining.com. Like the first course (on one-flash photography), this course was months in the making. Again, I want to give a huge shout of thanks to every Canonista who asked the gang at KT to produce Canon-specific training.
The course has 13 segments and runs 97 minutes. It covers a wide range of concepts, techniques, and gear that you can use to make great images with two or more Speedlites. I demonstrate how to set up the master Speedlite and one or more slaves. I take the mystery out of the Canon ratios and shoot multiple Speedlites in a variety of ways.
As for the topics that I covered:
- Introduction: The Importance of Shadows
- Manual Flash and Gear
- ETTL Flash and Gear
- One-Light Portraits
- More Soft Light Techniques
- Triggering A One-Light Outdoor Portrait
- Setting the Master Speedlite
- Setting the Slave Speedlite(s)
- Putting It All Together
- Creating Beauty Light
- Making a Key and Accent Light Set-Up
- How to Photograph a Group
- After Dark
Click here to read the details about the contents of each segment.
If you’ve not checked out Kelby Training, you should. The site offers on-demand training videos on a wide range of photo topics (click here for a list). You can subscribe by the month or by the year. You can even try it for free (click here).
The media player on KT’s site remembers what you’ve watched–so you can come and go as you please. You can also watch individual segments as many times as you desire.
Follow Syl On Twitter
- Start PhotoPlus w/ me in the @BH_Event_Space 'New Frontiers For LIghting w/ Canon Speedlites' http://t.co/btvJkXN60C, 16 hours ago
- Canonistas: I have three camera bodies and two lenses up for auction on eBay. Auctions end tonight > http://t.co/4SsJTJHKoK, Sep 27
- Trichroic lighting once again in the studio. https://t.co/fMkBb8jRqP, Sep 26
- Free Download: My ‘Exposure Quick Guide’ http://t.co/qR3qnmK7Y0 http://t.co/FqJ7sg6rI2, Sep 17
- I’ll be sharing thoughts on lighting and such through the evening on Twitter, courtesy of @Peachpit. Feel free to submit your questions., Sep 8
Cruise PixSylated By Topic