My second online video course, Working with Speedlites: Multiple Flash Photography, just launched on KelbyTraining.com. Like the first course (on one-flash photography), this course was months in the making. Again, I want to give a huge shout of thanks to every Canonista who asked the gang at KT to produce Canon-specific training.
The course has 13 segments and runs 97 minutes. It covers a wide range of concepts, techniques, and gear that you can use to make great images with two or more Speedlites. I demonstrate how to set up the master Speedlite and one or more slaves. I take the mystery out of the Canon ratios and shoot multiple Speedlites in a variety of ways.
As for the topics that I covered:
- Introduction: The Importance of Shadows
- Manual Flash and Gear
- ETTL Flash and Gear
- One-Light Portraits
- More Soft Light Techniques
- Triggering A One-Light Outdoor Portrait
- Setting the Master Speedlite
- Setting the Slave Speedlite(s)
- Putting It All Together
- Creating Beauty Light
- Making a Key and Accent Light Set-Up
- How to Photograph a Group
- After Dark
Click here to read the details about the contents of each segment.
If you’ve not checked out Kelby Training, you should. The site offers on-demand training videos on a wide range of photo topics (click here for a list). You can subscribe by the month or by the year. You can even try it for free (click here).
The media player on KT’s site remembers what you’ve watched–so you can come and go as you please. You can also watch individual segments as many times as you desire.
Syl on Instagram
Follow Syl On Twitter
- ‘Color Ribbon 9775’ To Be Shown In NYC At The Aperture Foundation Summer Open 2016 https://t.co/qsZUqL7h2t https://t.co/lDWsCkzQIq, Jun 3
- Canon Updates Its Flagship Speedlite: What's Different About the 600EX II-RT https://t.co/XixKliLJ9R https://t.co/p0idqK07uO, May 31
- Google’s Gigapixel Art Camera https://t.co/3hYhRWc9JK https://t.co/X16trcVnSK, May 19
- Please sign the petition to save Fujifilm FP-100C > https://t.co/Sa6jvf6FYC Fuji needs to know that instant pack film is still important., Mar 31
- As a stroke survivor, I’m glad to be alive…literally > https://t.co/Z1lL89vGx6. Thanks to all who prayed and sent words of support. I'm well, Mar 30
Cruise PixSylated By Topic