My second online video course, Working with Speedlites: Multiple Flash Photography, just launched on KelbyTraining.com. Like the first course (on one-flash photography), this course was months in the making. Again, I want to give a huge shout of thanks to every Canonista who asked the gang at KT to produce Canon-specific training.
The course has 13 segments and runs 97 minutes. It covers a wide range of concepts, techniques, and gear that you can use to make great images with two or more Speedlites. I demonstrate how to set up the master Speedlite and one or more slaves. I take the mystery out of the Canon ratios and shoot multiple Speedlites in a variety of ways.
As for the topics that I covered:
- Introduction: The Importance of Shadows
- Manual Flash and Gear
- ETTL Flash and Gear
- One-Light Portraits
- More Soft Light Techniques
- Triggering A One-Light Outdoor Portrait
- Setting the Master Speedlite
- Setting the Slave Speedlite(s)
- Putting It All Together
- Creating Beauty Light
- Making a Key and Accent Light Set-Up
- How to Photograph a Group
- After Dark
Click here to read the details about the contents of each segment.
If you’ve not checked out Kelby Training, you should. The site offers on-demand training videos on a wide range of photo topics (click here for a list). You can subscribe by the month or by the year. You can even try it for free (click here).
The media player on KT’s site remembers what you’ve watched–so you can come and go as you please. You can also watch individual segments as many times as you desire.
Follow Syl On Twitter
- What It’s Like To See In 100 Million Colors > http://t.co/W5BI7UTqXQ, Feb 28
- Great way to blow an hour or two…check out the latest entries in the @pdnonline Photo Annual contest > http://t.co/4On9MqO8CP, Feb 27
- Free NYC-seminar, Sun Mar 15, Crafting Great Light w/ Canon Speedlites > http://t.co/xENL7LbaGf, Feb 23
- Portraits of Famous Photographers with Their Iconic Photographs, via @petapixel > http://t.co/DlluF8FOHn, Feb 13
- Spreading my new love for trichroic lighting w/ my advanced photo students at Mission Prep. http://t.co/dooOLmvN0K, Feb 12
Cruise PixSylated By Topic